https://umhlangawomenachievers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/pizza-sprinkled-with-thickly-grated-cheese-no-people-food-copy-space-text-background-diet-foods_t20_4blpE2.jpg 700 1054 Saysha-UWA https://umhlangawomenachievers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/UWA-LOGO.jpg Saysha-UWA2021-04-11 23:36:022021-04-12 20:24:15Bev’s Quick Sunday Night Tuna Oven Bake Recipe
https://umhlangawomenachievers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/UWA-Recipes-Blog.jpg 700 700 Victoria-New UWA https://umhlangawomenachievers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/UWA-LOGO.jpg Victoria-New UWA2020-04-20 17:49:182020-04-20 18:57:44Bev’s Beautiful Beer Bread Recipe/0 Comments/by
Bev's Beautiful Beer Bread Recipe
3 Cups Flour (sifted)
3 Teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
1 Teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Raising Flour)
1/4 Cup sugar
1 (12 Ounce) Can beer
1/2 Cup melted butter (1/4 cup will do just fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients and beer
- Pour onto a greased loaf pan
- Pour melted butter over mixture
- Bake 1 hour, remove from an and cool for at least 15 minutes
The recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust ( like traditional bread)
mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it on the top.
Sifting flour for bread recipes are a must-do. Most people just scoop the 1 cup measure in the flour canister and level it off.
That compacts the flour and turns your bread into a ‘hard biscuit’ as some have described. That happens because they did not sift the flour!
If you do not have a sifter use a spoon to spoon the flour into the 1 cup measure.
News / Blog
- Bev’s Quick Sunday Night Tuna Oven Bake Recipe
- Voetstoots – Legal info
- Congratulations to Cheyénne Pinn our UWA Heroine
- We want to shout out to an exceptional UWA Heroine, well done Lynn Easton from Afscot Financial Services
- We want to shout out to an exceptional UWA Heroine, well done Cilla Rose from Anchors Rest Guest House